Volunteer with the RMA
Joining the Riverside Museum Associates is your first step in becoming immersed in the history and culture of Riverside as an RMA volunteer. A membership will insure that you receive the quarterly members-only newsletter, announcements of special events, invitations to exhibit openings, and opportunities to volunteer in the many programs and activities of the Museum and its several sites. You are encouraged to explore the different areas of the Museum and its properties to seek out those activities and groups that pique your own interests and match how you would like to spend your volunteer time.
The Metropolitan Museum downtown, the Heritage House, the Harada House and the Multicultural Council are the main entities around which most of the RMA volunteer activities are organized.
A wide range of volunteer activities are offered, as indicated by the list below.
- Serving as a trained docent at the Heritage House or the Museum downtown
- Assisting with educational programs at all the Museum’s sites
- Promoting the Museum through presentations and community outreach
- Developing lecture programs for the membership and community
- Being a “shopkeeper” at the Museum Shop or the Heritage House Gift Shop
- Planning and helping with RMA sponsored day trips
- Raising funds for the RMA in its support of the Museum
- Planning events to showcase the Museum and the RMA
Stop by the Museum and Heritage House to chat with current docents and volunteers. Come to RMA events and activities to see what it’s all about. Our volunteers can give you the best endorsement for becoming an RMA volunteer. For more information about becoming a volunteer you can contact us easily by email and someone will give you a call depending on your interests.
Becoming a volunteer is a great way to help preserve and share Riverside’s history. The Museum of Riverside and its Heritage House have a variety of opportunities for volunteers. No experience is required and training is provided.